Had I not chosen to stay in the little town of Garfield for my teen's, I would have never met my loving, caring, wonderful husband. Even though it was hard, it ended up being one of the best decisions I have mad. I mean look at the end result. :)
Is it too much to ask for a little appreciation? Lately, I have been feeling unappreciated. I am doing a lot for my family but I just feel as if I am being taken advantage of. I do laundry and I don't get a thank you. I make lunches & dinners for my family constantly and all I get is complaints about the food and how icky it is. It is driving my crazy. I am trying to make good, healthy meals for my family. I have been cooking most of the meals we have since our finances are currently very tight. This is a change from what I was doing a couple of years ago. Heck even last year. I just want to feel the appreciation from my family. Is that too much to ask?
Belonging. We all long to belong. Belonging is acceptance, to feel included. In order to belong, to a group, club, any other organization, you have to put yourself out there and be vulnerable. Part of being vulnerable is being able to handle rejection. I thought I was ready and able to handle rejection but I am finding that I was utterly wrong. I am currently feeling as if I don't belong. Due to this, I feel very lonely. I long for friendships like I had back in Washington. I long for girl's nights and coffee with friends. I long for the kind of friendships that include making time for others. This feeling of aloneness and belonging is becoming so great that it is affecting my daily attitude. All I want to do is feel as if I belong and not feel so lonely all the time. Belonging = Acceptance
Comments
Post a Comment