Job Hunting 101

I have been on the job hunt for 2 weeks now. I have signed up on several different job search sites. Since I have signed up on those websites, I have received more spam in my email that I care to have. I have also been getting LOTS of phone calls from unknown phone numbers. I don't pick them up because they have 800, 801, 802, or 888 area codes, I just let them to go to voicemail. No voicemail=no call back! Getting the phone calls and spam email is the most frustrating part of signing up for the job sites.

Looking on Craigslist for a job is an adventure as well. There are SO many scams out there right now. Lots of them choose to use the email address that Craigslist will give them. That makes it hard to figure out which jobs are scams & the ones that are not. You can tell that they are scams when they email you back thanking you for your interest in the job. They then ask you to fill out a "formal" application and get your credit report through their site. Requesting a credit report before you are even hired or interviewed, that is a RED FLAG! I would not get my own credit report to bring to an interview. Also, I think that the employer or potential employer should have to pay for the credit report, not me. Bedsides, the credit report has LOTS of private information. I guess when you apply for them, you are hoping and praying that they are not. I am seeing a lot of jobs in medical billing or for a receptionist in a medical/dental office. I apply, but I am told that I am not quailified since I don't have insurance billing background.

So, for right now job hunting is just that, hunting. I am learning to be patient on my hunt. I am also praying that the right job is revealed to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes

Thankful #6

Decisions......